Volunteering and Civic Engagement in the United States
Trends and Highlights Overview
- 62.6 million volunteers.
- $173 billion of service contributed
- 32.1 volunteer hours per resident
- 62.5% do favors for their neighbors
- 27.0% frequently discuss politics with family or friends
- 87.8% frequently eat dinner with other members of the household
- 41.4% frequently talk with neighbors
- Additional data is available on voting, group participation, social connectedness, and other volunteering and civic life indicators.
- Create a custom page, PDF, or slideshow from this data. Select which charts to include, a color scheme, and more. Customize
- Export a printable PDF. Print
- Download data for the United States in multiple formats including CSV, XML and others. Export
- View charts and data from last year View
- Bookmark online.
National service refers to the Corporation for National and Community Service programs: Senior Corps, AmeriCorps, the Social Innovation Fund, and other programs and initiatives. Participants in these programs address community needs in disaster services, economic opportunity, education, the environment, health, and veterans and military families.
Add Widgets to Your Site
Add Volunteering in America widgets to your website or blog. Widgets include state ranking.