Volunteering and Civic Engagement in the United States
Trends and Highlights Overview
- 26.8% of residents volunteer.
- 7.85 billion total volunteer hours.
- 65.1% do favors for their neighbors.
- 89.5% eat dinner with their family a few times a week or more.
- 49.1% discuss politics a few times a month or more.
Please explore additional findings below.
National service refers to the Corporation's National Service programs: Senior Corps, AmeriCorps, the Social Innovation Fund, and other programs and initiatives. Participants in these programs address community needs such as education, the environment, public safety and disaster relief.
Add Widgets to Your Site
Add Volunteering in America widgets to your website or blog. Widgets include state ranking.